Research

After some unexpected problems with QT and some software libraries to read .gpx files, I’ve decided to keep this issue on hold and try a different approach. So I’ve continued the search for existing solutions that might be useful for my work.

I have found some interesting solutions that I will try to implement during the next days.

Anúncios

Several things / Diversos

This week we configured the new server and defined the new layout for the car trunk. Because we needed additional material we had to ask for a budget and are currently awaiting a response. In the meantime we bought the cable that was missing to connect the gps receiver to the antenna and ran a few tests with it. During this week I have continued with the state of the art in mapping and routing.


Esta semana configurou-se o novo servidor e ficou definido o novo layout da mala do carro. Contudo são precisos alguns materiais que não estavam disponíveis no laboratório, foi então necessário ir pedir um orçamento e estamos a aguardar aprovação. Entretanto também foi comprado o cabo em falta para ligar o receptor GPS a antena, e foram realizados alguns testes ao equipamento. Durante a semana continuo-se com o o estado da arte em mapeamento e planeamento de rotas.

Research / Pesquisa

This week the main task was to create a ROS node that allows data acquisition from the GPS receiver. But due to the lack of the cable that connects the receiver to the antenna this task wasn’t possible, so I’ve decided to start searching for map providers. As soon as I got more details I’ll let you know.


Esta semana era necessário criar um modulo em ROS que permitisse a aquisição de dados do sensor GPS. Contudo, devido a falta de um cabo para ligar o novo receptor GPS a respectiva antena, decidiu-se avançar com as pesquisas das soluções existentes no mercado que fornecem mapas. A escolha do fornecedor ainda não ficou completamente decidida. Assim que tiver mais detalhes  estes serão publicados.

The new layout / O novo layout da mala do carro

After two weeks attending a workshop about C++ and ROS, I’ve continued working on the car. It is necessary to remove the old UPS as well the old server. But the with the current layout this task is impossible, because the new server is much bigger and requires a minimum distance between objects and the server to allow a good airflow to cool the server. To accomplish this task we have to find a new spot for the battery and PLC.

When I finish this task I will post some pictures.


Após duas semanas a frequentar um workshop de C++ e ROS no LAR , dei seguimento aos trabalhos no atlascar. É necessário remover a UPS e o servidor antigo. Contudo, para implementar o novo hardware é necessário reconfigurar o layout atual da mala do carro, isto porque o novo servidor tem um tamanho muito superior ao antigo e necessita de uma distância mínima a frente e atrás para permitir um bom fluxo de ar, para o seu arrefecimento. A instalação do novo servidor trás outros problemas que têm de ser resolvidos, nomeadamente onde vão ser colocados o quadro do PLC e a bateria.

Assim que este processo estiver concluído irei divulgar fotografias com os resultados.